Workshops provided by local law enforcement, human rights agencies, and disability advocates to learn how to maximize safety in interactions between police officers and youths with disabilities. While the primary focus will be on enhancing safety, we'll also be emphasizing the legal rights of people vis a vis law enforcement and the upholding of those rights.
- Alameda Police Department
- BART Police Department
- Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
- Berkeley Copwatch
- Regional Center of the East Bay
- Deaf Counseling, Advocacy, ande Referral Agency (DCARA)
- Prevention and Recovery of Early Psychosis (PREP)
Please RSVP to YouthTransitions@thecil.org.
Venue will be wheelchair accessible with ASL interpretation included